วันอังคารที่ 29 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2554

My experience in South (Going trip)


Since the start of this blog creation, I don't have much chance to travel to places which are being affected by flood. However, due to chinese tradition, I had to go down to Nakorn Srithammarat which is one province in southern region of Thailand to pay respect to my ancestors. I didn't expect it to be a trip with full of experiences about flood occuring in the region. Here is my story;

On the going trip, I and my mom took the train from Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok with the destination at Klong Chandee. The train left on the night of March 27, 2011 and was expected to reach the destination by 8.30 in the morning of Sunday. However, during that night, the train had to stop for several times due to the flooded rail and flood also made the rail unbalanced which caused the train to incline on one side. People on the train were very upset and the rain kept falling all night. Based on the schedule, we were supposed to reach there before 8.30 but in reality, we were there around 11.30. Along the way, I have seen how much damages the flood has caused to people in those areas. Their crops were flooded and the water even ran through their home. I could see a lot of things floating with the water. I could imagine how hard people in the area were living. For almost 12 hours of our journey there, the rain didn't stop even for a second. I also tried to check the weather forecast and news about things happening throughout the night. Here are some of photo to show you how bad it is.












Those were not all problems we have to face. We have to reach bangkok by that night but our flight was cancelled due to the closure of Nakorn Srithammarat Airport. We had to book another airline with the full price which was around 55% more expensive than our original price. We also had to catch our flight in Suratthani which was around 155 kms. We had to drive through rain and wasted lots of time. On the way, we could also see a lot of accidents and flooded areas. It made me feel so pity for those people who had to live there.

Then I felt that, flooding is not a small problem anymore. Every region in Thailand, or many developed countries in other parts of the world are also facing the same issue. I would like to encourage everyone that it's time that we should start doing something. From what I had talked with local people, flood occurs every year and it only gets worse. We can't wait for only authorities to help but we should start acting now to prevent further flooding in the future.

Flooding is not a small problem. It affects several sectors of the country ranging from reduction in GDP, lower productivity of the agricultural sector, damaged properties and infrastructure and etc. People, please join us by sharing your opinion and idea how to lower the damages. We are waiting for your help!!!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น